We’re very excited to announce that the new version of LogMeIn Rescue is now live! The New Rescue was designed with two things in mind: keeping our customers productive and improving the end-user experience. To do that we loaded the New Rescue with Android support capabilities and features like Connect On-LAN and Tear Away Remote Control Windows.
First, let’s cover Rescue+Mobile for Android tablets and smartphones. With our initial release supporting Android devices, technicians are able to see system information, transfer files, and chat with users of today’s fastest growing mobile platform. Remote Control isn’t currently supported for non-telco deployments of Rescue due to Android OS security restrictions (sorry!). We’re definitely excited about supporting the growing community of Android users, and we know our customers are too! If you have a license or trial of Rescue, you can get started by instructing your end users to download our free Rescue+Mobile app in the Android Market.
The other key features in this release are designed to give customers more flexibility, quicker connections, and better organization of their remote support environment:
- Connect On-LAN lets you instantly access any unattended computer on the LAN, so you can get in and start solving with Rescue’s powerful, purpose-built support toolset.
- Tear Away Remote Control Windows give you a new level of ease when dealing with multiple sessions at once. Now you can see all your sessions at once and move them where you want them. It’s great for multi-monitor setups.
- New group-level customizations let you add your branding to tailor the support experience for your customers. With your brand front-and center, they’ll know they’re in good hands. You can also customize which technicians can transfer sessions and collaborate with others, ensuring that security and customer confidentiality are at the forefront.
Check out some of the new features in action:
- Connect On-LAN
- Tear-Away Remote Control Windows
- Android Support
- Group-level customizations for branding and transfer/collaboration
- Remote File Management
- Flexible Session Recording Storage Options
- External Technician Survey Support
- Remote Keyboard Layout Sync
To check out the new release simply log into your account or register for a free trial. We hope you’re as excited as we are about the new Rescue!