In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, we got to thinking about what we love most about the LogMeIn products, and what stuck out most is two-factor authentication. Last year, we launched our two-factor authenticator app along with a few other security features, and not only have we receives tons of great feedback from users like you, but we love using it as well. It may be a little corny, but here are five reasons we love two-factor authentication:
- Two is better than one: Every account with two-factor authentication requires an additional wall before being granted access so that means not only do you have to enter your password, but you also need to enter a code received via text or a push notification from an app on your phone. This means while someone might have your password, if they don’t have your phone, they won’t be able to access your account.
- You can be the enforcer: Especially when employees access company-related content and data on their personal phones, you want to ensure those employees take the appropriate steps to protect what they’re accessing. Authenticator apps give companies the ability to require 2FA on specific accounts so you’re in charge of what’s being protected – even on personal devices.
- Leave your (data) worries behind: Two-factor authentication gives you peace of mind when it comes to the security of your company data. Many security standards, including PCI DSS and HIPAA require it because they know it secures accounts in a way that can’t be done otherwise.
- Set it and forget it: You just have to setup your two-factor authentication method once and it only take a few minutes. The process is simple and once completed, accounts are protected for all future log-ins
- LMI Authentication App: There’s a lot of authenticator apps out but we created one for our users and we love it. As soon as you enter your LogMeIn ID on your account, the LogMeIn Authenticator App sends you a push notification prompting you to accept the invitation to access your account and you’re in within a few seconds!
We said it. We love 2FA, and hopefully you do too. If you haven’t tried it yet, download the LogMeIn Authentication App (iOS, Android) to give it a try and then visit your Login Policy page in your LogMeIn account to require employees use 2FA as well.