Empowering businesses to securely embrace the app-centric world.
We’re excited to announce our new cloud app management offering, AppGuru. Specifically designed for IT professionals, AppGuru will change the way companies detect and secure employee-introduced applications and help IT professionals regain control of today’s consumerized IT environments.
IT’s acceptance of consumer devices into their network during the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) era opened up the door for an empowered workforce to introduce a flood of cloud applications to their corporate network. This exponentially increased the levels of business data flowing into the cloud and created an inability to understand what apps their employees were using in addition to existing, IT provided solutions. LogMeIn’s recent study fielded with Edge Strategies, found that 70% of organizations have a presence of bring-your-own-app (BYOA) and that IT underestimates the sheer volume of apps being brought into their organization by 7X.
This BYOA trend represents the latest example of the “Shadow IT” phenomenon, and has placed IT at an important crossroads; they can either ignore a trend that can be a threat to their business or address the challenge head on to bridge the gap between employee’s productivity wants, and their IT security needs.
With AppGuru, IT can take a managed and secure approach to cloud app adoption. Here’s a closer look at how AppGuru enables IT to embrace, secure and take control of the app-centric world:
- Discover: IT can discover what apps are being used on the network, by whom, and on what devices, in addition to monitoring how much company data is going into the cloud
- Analyze: Evaluate the security risks of cloud apps in use and uncover efficiencies across the organization with similar apps in use.
- Provision: Manage your company’s current apps and subscriptions with out-of-the-box support for today’s most popular cloud apps, including Basecamp, Box, Evernote, GitHub, Google Apps, Jive, join.me, Office 365, Salesforce, and Trello.
- Control: Enforce your company’s security standards, manage the adoption of cloud applications, and control feature usage within app policies.
- Use: This centralized approach allows IT to access all of their company apps in one place and provide your company with the needed to streamline the adoption of new apps
Looking to get ahead of the trend and keep your network, data and business secure? Please visit AppGuru.com for more information.