We’re excited to share the first edition of the LogMeIn Insider. This quarterly eBook will provide insights around our various products while providing quality information and helpful tips for our readers. In this first issue, we focus on customer engagement strategies featuring top BoldChat blog posts, which discuss the latest and greatest in the world of live chat, including:
- Five Points to Consider for Live Chat
- The Cost of Not Having Live Chat
- The Science of eCommerce: New Research Looks at Cart Abandonment by the Numbers
- What’s it Going to Be? Chat or Email? Why not Both?
- We Want it All. We Want it Now. You Get Very Little.
Click here to read the full eBook, LogMeIn Insider: Customer Engagement Strategies, now!
We’re excited to share that our Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Simon, will present at the Pacific Crest Future of IT: 2014 Investor Forum on April 2, 2014 at the UMASS Club in Boston, MA. Details around the session are as follows:
Pacific Crest Future of IT: 2014 Investor Forum
• Date: Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
• Remarks: 1:00 PM ET
• Location: UMASS Club, 225 Franklin Street, Boston, MA
• Speakers: Michael Simon, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
The presentation will be webcast live on the investor relations section of the company’s website at www.LogMeIn.com and will be available for one month after the live presentation. For more information, please contact me at 781-897-1301 or rbradley@LogMeIn.com.
We’re excited to share that a new release of BoldChat, our live chat and multichannel customer engagement software, is now available to help businesses deliver a superior customer experience for the rapidly growing number of mobile web users.
Increased mobile web usage has quickly given rise to the multi-device consumer, fundamentally changing expectations and business needs. Because of this trend, businesses are looking for robust customer engagement solutions that provide them with the ability to interact with customers on any device, at the right time and in the right context to increase customer satisfaction, boost sales and improve operational efficiencies. The latest BoldChat enhancements empower live chat agents to control and consolidate the management of customer interactions into one easy-to-use tool – including mobile layered chat windows, enhanced routing logic, automated multi-lingual chat windows and data retention and deletion administration.
For more information, please see the official press release here as well as the full blog post on BoldChat.com here.
I recently joined Lauren Freedman, President of the e-tailing group, and Jon Abt, BoldChat customer and Co-President of Abt Electronics to host a webinar entitled, “Tips, Tricks and Secrets to Live Chat Success.” The three of us discussed live chat’s increasingly essential role in the customer experience, and shared expert insights into how companies can most effectively and successfully leverage the tool.
Lauren began by covering highlights, reflections, and best practices from the e-tailing group’s own expert research. The discussion then turned to Abt. Abt Electronics has been named the “Best Place” to buy appliances in the US for three years in a row, is the recipient of several awards for retail excellence, and has enjoyed a 20% increase in onsite sales conversions since implementing live chat.
By the time we turned it over to Q&A, time was almost up. Here are some questions we didn’t get to address during the webinar.
Q: We seem to get quite a few disconnects. Since we send transcripts, is there enough value in adding the answer/solution? Or should we, too, disconnect and get to the next chat?
A: If by ‘disconnect’ you mean that the would-be chatter simply quits either before the chat actually begins then yes, just move on – it’s way more efficient. If they disconnect during the conversation, then it’s safe to assume it was unintentional, so I’d finish the answer before leaving the chat. All that said, you shouldn’t be experiencing disconnect behavior except very intermittently. If you are, and you are our customer, please contact us so we can verify your set-up and network configurations. If the disconnects are happening before the chatter even says anything, consider using a pre-chat form which will cut down on errant chats.
Continue reading “[Webinar Recap] Tips, Tricks, and Secrets to Live Chat Success” »
Built with the simplicity employees love and the power IT needs.
We’re excited to share that a new business version of Cubby is now available to help businesses finally bridge the divide between IT demands and employee preference when it comes to cloud file sync and share apps. Before we get into what you’ll see, it’s worth taking a look at why we did this, and why we believe this will help IT pros regain some control on the type app that personifies the bring-your-own-app (BYOA) trend and the inherent management challenges it brings to the table.
If you’re an IT pro, you’ve got personal and often consumer-grade tech walking into the workplace in every form. And many of you have faced the binary choice when it comes to file sync and share: bring in an IT-friendly solution and try to get employees to adopt it or look for a consumer-grade solution and pray that you can manage and control it. Unfortunately, we continually hear from our customers that pretty much every business-grade solution on the market fails the employee test – you have a managed solution, but no one uses it. Worse, they bring in their own personal solutions. Then there are the consumer offerings that talk the management game but have yet to deliver and, frankly, scare IT to death.
We believe we’re in a unique position to tackle this problem and give our customers some much needed piece of mind. Cubby Enterprise brings together LogMeIn’s deep expertise with SMB IT management and its experience building intuitive, popular apps used by millions of business professionals. As a result, SMB IT professionals are empowered to manage and secure company data shared between people and across devices, while providing employees with the ease-of-use they crave in their personal applications.
Here’s a closer look at how Cubby Enterprise gives businesses the user experience needed to quickly win over employees, while empowering IT to control how sensitive data is shared:
Features for employees:
Flexible and intuitive access:
- Intuitive user experience: Cubby features a drop-dead simple experience designed by the same team behind the wildly popular LogMeIn, Ignition and join.me apps
- The ability to make any existing folder a ‘cubby’: Turn any folder into a ‘cubby’ with the freedom to make as many cubbies as desired
- Access to files anywhere from virtually any device: Native iOS, Android, Windows and Mac apps, as well as access from any browser make it possible to work from anywhere across a blend of work and personal devices
- 1 TB of cloud storage for every 5 users. Cubby Enterprise provides users with 1 TB to be shared per 5 users and can simply add users and additional space as desired (new users only)
Public and Private Sharing
- Multiple ways to share files and collaborate with others: Content can be shared with others by inviting them into a cubby, which lets both parties see, work with, and sync content; or it can be shared through simple read-only links to files and cubbies, an option that provides quick sharing even with people who don’t have a Cubby account
Features for IT management include:
User and Identity Management
- ADFS Integration: Enable single sign-on (SSO) via Active Directory.
- Domain-based administration: Automatically own and manage all employee Cubby accounts within a given domain, while providing the option for employees to merge and upgrade individual accounts with Cubby Enterprise
- Desktop app deployment: Remotely install Cubby on employee computers to provide easy access to Cubby Enterprise while encouraging corporate use
- Device wipe: Remove stored passwords and wipe locally synced content from employee devices, including PCs, Macs and tablets and smartphones
- Policy settings: Enforce user policies to control how data is stored and shared, including the ability to constrain sharing within a corporate domain
- Mobile passcodes: Protect mobile access by requiring a 4-digit pin before accessing Cubby files on your mobile device
- Activity log: Monitor activity in real-time to know what content is being shared, how and with whom
- Filtered activity search: Filter activity for easy monitoring by employee, event type or date
This is the first in a series of new offerings from LogMeIn aimed at helping IT professionals manage devices, data and apps in today’s SMB. Cubby Enterprise yearly subscriptions start at $39.99/month per groups of five users, prepaid annually ($479.88/year). Please visit cubby.com to learn more about why Cubby Enterprise is right for your business!
We’re excited to be a gold sponsor of InsideSales.com’s 2014 Sales Acceleration Summit on Thursday, March 13.
The Sales Acceleration Summit is a virtual conference that assembles the world’s leading experts in sales, marketing and technology. The virtual conference is expected to attract more than 20,000 business executives from all over the world to watch today’s brightest minds in sales and marketing share their secrets for accelerating revenue.
Our own Larry D’Angelo, Senior Vice President of Sales, will deliver a 15-minute keynote presentation, titled “Better Forecasting, Shorter Buying Cycles,” at this year’s Sales Acceleration Summit at 2 p.m. Pacific time.
Register here now!
Join us on March 11th at 2:00 PM ET, for a webinar titled Tips, Tricks and Secrets to Live Chat Success.
This webinar will discuss how live chat is becoming the customer go-to for online shopping as companies increasingly look to differentiate themselves by providing superior customer experience and tips to using it effectively. Speakers include Lauren Freedman, President of the e-tailing group, our customer Jon Abt, President of Abt Electronics and LogMeIn’s own Ross Haskell, Senior Director of Products, BoldChat.
Please click here to register! We hope you will join us!
The 21st annual South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Festival returns to Austin from Friday, March 7 through Tuesday, March 11 and the join.me team is excited to be a part of the fun!
SXSW Interactive is an incubator of cutting-edge technologies and digital creativity. The brightest minds in emerging technology along with networking events hosted by industry leaders and other events and showcases make SXSW Interactive THE place to preview the technology of tomorrow today!
As we gear up to head down there, we have spent some time reviewing the jam-packed event line up and have found it hard to pick what sessions and events to attend. But, here are some of the SXSW Interactive sessions we are most excited for:
Continue reading “join.me takes on South By Southwest (SXSW)” »