Want to host a meeting from your iPad? There’s an app for that.
We’re happy to announce a significant new update to the join.me iPad app that will give you another excuse to leave your laptop at the office. Starting today, you can now use join.me to host meetings and quick, ad-hoc collaboration sessions directly from your iPad, including the ability to:
- Select and visually present files from email and other iPad apps with up to 250 people
- Open files from other productivity, business, collaboration and cloud apps in join.me for quick sharing
- Store files in the join.me iPad app for future meetings and presentations
- Invite attendees via email or link into a join.me session
- Talk to attendees via VoIP or a free, dedicated teleconference line
- Secure and control meetings via “lock” feature, requiring attendees to seek permission prior to joining a meeting in session
- Trigger a touch-based ‘laser pointer’ for highlighting areas of content being shared
- Use built-in chat feature to talk with individual or all attendees
Want a test drive?
The hosting option in new join.me app works in tandem with your join.me account. If you already have join.me on your iPad, just install the latest update. If not, just download it from App Store to get started. Once in the app, you’ll see options to ‘Share’ or to ‘Join’, just like the join.me website. To ‘Share’, simply log in with your join.me account info and you’re ready to go.
Don’t have a join.me account? No worries. You can sign up for a 14-day, risk-free join.me account trial on the join.me website — also gives you a chance to test drive all the premium features of join.me pro. PLEASE NOTE: Joining a meeting from the app does not require an account.
Try it with friends, try it with colleagues, or heck, try it with yourself by simply joining your iPad hosted meeting from your PC, Mac, iPhone, Android device, Win 8 device or even another iPad.
And let us know your thoughts here on join.me blog, in the app reviews or in the new join.me ideas community.