Built with the simplicity employees love and the power IT needs.
We’re excited to share that a new business version of Cubby is now available to help businesses finally bridge the divide between IT demands and employee preference when it comes to cloud file sync and share apps. Before we get into what you’ll see, it’s worth taking a look at why we did this, and why we believe this will help IT pros regain some control on the type app that personifies the bring-your-own-app (BYOA) trend and the inherent management challenges it brings to the table.
If you’re an IT pro, you’ve got personal and often consumer-grade tech walking into the workplace in every form. And many of you have faced the binary choice when it comes to file sync and share: bring in an IT-friendly solution and try to get employees to adopt it or look for a consumer-grade solution and pray that you can manage and control it. Unfortunately, we continually hear from our customers that pretty much every business-grade solution on the market fails the employee test – you have a managed solution, but no one uses it. Worse, they bring in their own personal solutions. Then there are the consumer offerings that talk the management game but have yet to deliver and, frankly, scare IT to death.
We believe we’re in a unique position to tackle this problem and give our customers some much needed piece of mind. Cubby Enterprise brings together LogMeIn’s deep expertise with SMB IT management and its experience building intuitive, popular apps used by millions of business professionals. As a result, SMB IT professionals are empowered to manage and secure company data shared between people and across devices, while providing employees with the ease-of-use they crave in their personal applications.
Here’s a closer look at how Cubby Enterprise gives businesses the user experience needed to quickly win over employees, while empowering IT to control how sensitive data is shared:
Features for employees:
Flexible and intuitive access:
- Intuitive user experience: Cubby features a drop-dead simple experience designed by the same team behind the wildly popular LogMeIn, Ignition and join.me apps
- The ability to make any existing folder a ‘cubby’: Turn any folder into a ‘cubby’ with the freedom to make as many cubbies as desired
- Access to files anywhere from virtually any device: Native iOS, Android, Windows and Mac apps, as well as access from any browser make it possible to work from anywhere across a blend of work and personal devices
- 1 TB of cloud storage for every 5 users. Cubby Enterprise provides users with 1 TB to be shared per 5 users and can simply add users and additional space as desired (new users only)
Public and Private Sharing
- Multiple ways to share files and collaborate with others: Content can be shared with others by inviting them into a cubby, which lets both parties see, work with, and sync content; or it can be shared through simple read-only links to files and cubbies, an option that provides quick sharing even with people who don’t have a Cubby account
Features for IT management include:
User and Identity Management
- ADFS Integration: Enable single sign-on (SSO) via Active Directory.
- Domain-based administration: Automatically own and manage all employee Cubby accounts within a given domain, while providing the option for employees to merge and upgrade individual accounts with Cubby Enterprise
- Desktop app deployment: Remotely install Cubby on employee computers to provide easy access to Cubby Enterprise while encouraging corporate use
- Device wipe: Remove stored passwords and wipe locally synced content from employee devices, including PCs, Macs and tablets and smartphones
- Policy settings: Enforce user policies to control how data is stored and shared, including the ability to constrain sharing within a corporate domain
- Mobile passcodes: Protect mobile access by requiring a 4-digit pin before accessing Cubby files on your mobile device
- Activity log: Monitor activity in real-time to know what content is being shared, how and with whom
- Filtered activity search: Filter activity for easy monitoring by employee, event type or date
This is the first in a series of new offerings from LogMeIn aimed at helping IT professionals manage devices, data and apps in today’s SMB. Cubby Enterprise yearly subscriptions start at $39.99/month per groups of five users, prepaid annually ($479.88/year). Please visit cubby.com to learn more about why Cubby Enterprise is right for your business!